Monday, September 19, 2011

In the Inland Empire area I need help. Other than the BBB who can I file a complaint with for automotive prm?

In December of last year I travel to San Bernardino, my van broke down. I had lfter replaced. The party suppose to change the oil as he did the work. It turn out he reused some of the old parts and still charge me full price. He also seal my oil plug. So the next time I needed an oil change I had to have te oil plug remove along with the oil pan, it cost me an addtion $350 to have my oil change. He said he done nothing wrong. I read the law in Californa and it said its against the law to put on silcone sealent. I went to the BBB and they side with him, inspike I show all reciepts and letters with three different companies stating what he did wrong to my van. I just feel if he charge me $700 to do something, I should not have to pay someone else to correct his mistake. I live in Wisconsin, the company is in San Bernardino so I can't take him to court. How do I get my money back for his mistake? This is a guy who told me to promise him when get to Wis I should sell the van.In the Inland Empire area I need help. Other than the BBB who can I file a complaint with for automotive prm?I think it would be hard to recover any damages from the mechanic, but you could file a complaint with the California State Dept. of Consumer Affairs. They are responsible for the regulation of auto mechanics. Mechanics have to have a licence to operate in the state of California.In the Inland Empire area I need help. Other than the BBB who can I file a complaint with for automotive prm?i feel so bad for you! usually the BBB is better than that. I'm not exactly sure what you can do except talk to a lawyer. you could try talking to the owners or the corporation the mechanic worked for. you can file a complaint with the e.p.a. though, no monetary reward for you. sometimes you just have to learn a lesson the hard way. again, I'm sorry that you got ripped off. you are not the only one and there's many people out there that feel your pain!!