Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Im a little intimidated by changing my own oil?

once my dad showed me how to change the oil on my '62 galaxie, i did it myself afterwards. i have sold that galaxie and now bought an 01 f150 with only 79,000 miles. i have yet to locate the oil pan, but when i noticed that the oil filter is to tightly packed next to other parts, it makes me a little scared to do it myself. i admit, i nthe galaxie, it was a little hard to twist off the oil filter, but in the truck, it looks like there is zero wiggle room. i am so used to having tons of space in the engine compartment, and i cant tinker with this truck as much as the galaxie.Im a little intimidated by changing my own oil?you better take to fast oil change...if you cross thread the drain you will have hundredsof$ in repair ...better hands offIm a little intimidated by changing my own oil?if you dont know where to locate the oil pan then please take it somewhere and have it changed.Im a little intimidated by changing my own oil?That's some fine ford engineering, a real pain to get at,probably just like my 01 ranger. I lay on something on top of the engine, and reach down to get the filter off. there is even a little funnel built in under the filter to direct the oil down to the bottom side of the truck.you better hope someone didnt overtighten it to make it tougher for you.
  • computer not booting up
  • ie hosted control
  •