Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?

So I didn't want to pay some motorcycle shop $60 bucks to do a oil change I can do it for $35.

The problem I have now is the bolt wont tighten up into the oil pan.

I tried a new washer and it still slips right when it gets hand tight , and all the stores are closed for aything else I could try.

So I tighten the bolt up right before it slips and filled it with oil and it starts.



My question is did I just waste $35 bucks on DIY oil change? and now I have to take to a shop to rethread my oil pan? and the are they going to charge me for new oil or can they use the brand new oil I just put it in it?

How Did I go from saving 30 dollars to spending 90?Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?take the bolt to a local auto parts store and ask them to match up a %26quot;Heli-coil Repair Kit%26quot; that matches the size of the bolt and the threads, in that kit you get a drill bit, a tap and a threaded insert.

Follow the included instructions, easy to do!Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?Yes you can use the oil you have in it. Just drain it and save it.Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?Maybe try one or a couple of lock washers to reduce the tolerance. Can you dry the bolt before screwing it in? I've ridden more than 100000 miles.

This idea can save your life or prevent injuries.

It only takes one moment of carelessness to go down.

I always make eye contact with any driver waiting or entering my path from a side street or beep my horn until we do.Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?Bart answered right. It sounds like the threads are stripped. Keep in mind, your oil drain bolt is made out of steel, but the underside of the engine that it threads into is only aluminum, so it doesn't take much to accidentally cross-thread it and strip it. Go get the heli-coil kit and make things right.Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?ofcourse read on http://www.everydayblog.info/?p=204 you can get ur ansChanged the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?insert with red guard adhesive for quick fix if you dont have the money for the kit, but you will eventually have to buy it once you change your oil again to fix your threading, unless you just love that red seal-Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?They just wait for people like you.....Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?Try pouring a couple of NOS energy drinks into the gas tank. Gixxer owner sti2gsxr at the at Gixxer forum can at quality of the product. You'll need to read to post # 31 to see the results.Changed the oil on my 2002 gsxr 1000. Now the bolt wont tighten up so I can finish putting new oil in it?Well hopefully you read this before you conduct the heli-coil repair. You should remove the drain pan if you're going to do this. As I am sure you don't want aluminum shavings in your drain pan. If you don't want to do that, then you can do some backyard work. Get some cheap oil or old oil and flush out your pan after you drill out the hole. Personally I'd drop the pan since it would be much cheaper in the long run if for some reason you didn't get all the shavings out and they get into your bearings. Worst possible scenario. Or you could just see if there is a oil pan for cheap on ebay. You can find just about anything there for GSXR's.