Monday, September 19, 2011

I filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?

I have a 1996 dodge intrepid. I was trying to do a radiator flush, and installed the garden hose adapter into the wrong hose( the hose in the top of the engine marked %26quot;heater%26quot;), and filled my engine with water... oil pan had more than a gallon of water in it... it's draining now... what else do I need to do besides an oil change?I filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?A brain?I filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?you should be alright just draining the oil and refilling with fresh oil. the water should evaporate out as soon as you get the engine hot. if you have milky looking oil after you run if for a couple hundred miles change it again. just dont leave the engine sit for a long time until you know all the water is out- run it every day.I filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?just do an oil change on it once its all drained out, but i still don't see how you got water in it by doing it that way,the hose your talking about suppose to go to the heater core,you,d have to literally open up the oil fill cap and fill it with water to get oil in the pan on it,that's normally a closed system on that car,anyway let it all drain out and change the oil and run it about 30 minutes them change it again and it will be alright,good luck,EDIT try and let it drain out as long s possible the fill it with oil and see if it will start and run for at least a few minutes,i know the hose your talking about now on it,it hasn't done any damage as of yet but it will if you cant get it started and dried out,its not going to be a real costly mistake just one you,ll remember for a while,once it starts it will evaporate what water is left in the engine but still do two oil changes on it to be sure,good luckI filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?um if u have been turning the key over with water in ur motor u might need a new motor.........that is a sure fire way to break the pistons crack the heads spin the rods etc....





bottom line drain the oil refill with fresh oil......start motor let it come up to operating temp.........trun it off and check everything again...then change oil again in about 2 days.....I filled my engine with water... how do I fix it?This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here. Get a haynes manual before you do stuff like this especially if you don't know what the heck your doing. I'm curious if you cranked the motor or did you realize it pretty quick. I would pull the spark plugs and spray some wd-40 in the cylinders and crank the motor couple times to blow any moisture out. plus obviously change your oil a couple of times.