Thursday, June 2, 2011

I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?

The guy topped off all of my fluids. On the receipt under comments he wrote:



%26quot;Massive leaks everywhere. Remain seal, oil pan, power steering. Engine oil leak noted.%26quot;



I don't know what that means. Will it cost a lot to get those things patched up so they stop leaking? He said there was about 1/4 of oil left so he didn't give me an oil change; he said he would give it an hour before it was down to 1/4 again. I have no idea how this could've happened. I am clueless about cars, my parents are very unhelpful, and none of my friends can help either.I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?Take your car to another mechanic for a second opinion. If the second opinion concurs with the first, you could be looking at several thousand dollars of repairs. What is the make, model and year of the car? You may want to take it to the dealer for the second opinion since they specialize in your car, but don't get the work done at the dealer because they usually overcharge for work.I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?You definitely need a second opinion. Unfortunately, even in this day and age, women still get taken advantage of. Try finding out if there is a high school/community college with an auto shop program, they are not out for profit.I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?Go to an auto parts store and ask them for a can of stop leak for the engine oil.Put it in and let it work for a week and check it out again.I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?Most likely they noted this so if your engine locked up or your power steering stopped working, they were covered by telling you about the leaks.I took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?Take u r vehicle to a real mechanic b 4 doing anythingI took my car to get an oil change and was told I had fluids leaking everywhere. Now what do I do?They could be saying that to try to bring you back for more work done to your car. That's how some places suck the money out of you.



Take your car to someone else and have them do a %26quot;check up%26quot; on your car, but don't tell them about the %26quot;massive leaks%26quot; Just tell them that you think you have a small leak of some kind, and let them look and see what they tell you.. if they say the same thing about the %26quot;massive%26quot; leaks, then you might wanna get those leaks fixed.. if not, then just keep an eye on your oil level and see for yourself if the oil level drops any.