Thursday, June 2, 2011

I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?

im trying to do an oil change on my old school benz and, i stripped the nut that drains the oil. i tried those wrenches that they have at sears to remove stripped nuts, but they only stripped it more. any suggestions? please help, time is of the essence!I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?If there's anything left to grip get your hands on a small 8%26quot; Ridgid Brand pipe wrench or large Vice Grip pliers. If your lucky any auto parts store will have a replacement oil pan drain plug. A plug from your Benz dealer would be better. When you install the new plug bare in mind that the hex nowadays is always a metric size.

If all else fails center punch the pan bolt and drill a large hole in it and get your hands on the largest screw extractor you can and reverse it out. Thank the last SOB that over tightened your oil pan drain bolt.I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?Vicegrips. But if the bolt is stripped so badly that those damaged-bolt-removers can't get it off, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in vicegrips either. I think you're going to be looking at replacing the entire oil pan. You'll need to undo all the bolts that hold it to the engine and pull it off. With it being full of oil still, the job will be messy as hell. You'll need a new oil pan gasket as well when you put the new pan on.I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?you can get a kit called a bolt extracter kit ive got a set never had any probsI stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?Vise grips are a life saver. Just be sure to lock them down as tight as you can possibly get them. Then I try to pull down on them as I twist the bolt. Hopefully it will catch and you can get it out. Now the problem will be getting it back in. With the threads stripped, you will have damage on the oil pan too.



Do you get another oil pan, or try drilling it out and using a tap and increasing the bolt to a larger size? I don't think that a heli-coil will work in this case. good luck.I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?get a pair of vise grip locking pliers and lock them on the bolt as tight as you can and then smack the bottom of them with a hammer just make sure you are loosing and not tighteningI stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?visegripsI stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?vicegrips and a screwdriver prying out as you turn with the vicegrips and after you get it out go to the parts store and get a self tapping drain plug.I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?slap a set of vice grips on it dude. that should workI stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?Best solution, buy new oil pan and oil pan gasket or try this:

get a dremmel or such and use the metel cutting wheel.

Carefully cut a slot across the nut, then use a flat head screw driver to take out he nut.I stripped the nut to drain my oil pan. how to get it off?try vice grips like everyone else has said.If that doesn't work try using drilling a little hole in it a ways and then use an easy out. And of course then you will have to get a new drain plug, but you will get it out.