Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coil came out with oil plug when I did oil change. I have a 2000 mustang?

When I was changing the oil on my 2000 mustang a coil was attached to oil plug. When I tried to put plug back in oil pan with the coil attached it wouldn't stay and now I can't put oil in my car. I have a 2000 ford mustang 6 cylinder. If you guys could tell me how to fix this and what exactly is wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for readingCoil came out with oil plug when I did oil change. I have a 2000 mustang?Sounds like someone stripped the threads and used a heli-coil to fix it. You are going to have to get the heli-coil off the old plug and get a new heli-coil to carefully repair it.

It that doesn't work, you need a new oil pan and if you do that change the screen on the oil pump.