Monday, November 22, 2010

How to change oil pan in a 1994 Ford Explorer? pulling motor?

Ok so...we wrecked my 94 ford explorer and busted the oil pan. My daddy is a mechanic who told me that the motor would have to be pulled in order to change the oil pan. He's disabled now and can't do it for me and my brother is busy working so he can't do it. I'm determined to at least try to pull the motor on my own with some help from a cherry picker. I just need someone who could tell me the things I need to disconnect from the motor in order to pull it. Also, do I need to drain any fluids from it? It seemed that when I tried to take off a hose going to the radiator that some antifreeze was coming out. Please don't tell me to take it to a mechanic. we have no money for that and I'm very capable of doing it myself I just need some guidance.How to change oil pan in a 1994 Ford Explorer? pulling motor?You don't have to pull the motor all the way out just high enough to get the pan free from the cross members. You will need to drain the radiator and the oil from the pan. You only need to take off the motor mounts and disconnect the transmission so the engine block can be lifted up about 8%26quot;. Just go to the library and check out a Chilton's repair manual for your Ford and it will have step by step instructions. Good luckHow to change oil pan in a 1994 Ford Explorer? pulling motor?Go under the suv, you will see the oil pan. There is no need to lift the engine, if that were really the case then the mechanic wouldve charged you 200 bucks for every oil change.



Remove the bolt to drail all the oil. Then remove the bolts around the oil pan, apply 'oil pan gasket maker' around the corners of the new oil pan, fix the new oil pan in and wait for 12 hours before you refill the oil in the car.
  • abandoned apartments for sale
  • cat
  •